Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: A poem from a United States marine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A poem from a United States marine

    We all came together,
    Both young and old
    To fight for our freedom,
    To stand and be bold.



    In the midst of all evil,
    We stand our ground,
    And we protect our country
    From all terror around.



    Peace and not war,
    Is what some people say.
    But I'll give my life,
    So you can live the American way.



    I give you the right
    To talk of your peace.
    To stand in your groups,
    and protest in our streets.



    But still I fight on,
    I don't bitch, I don't whine.
    I'm just one of the people
    Who is doing your time.



    I'm harder than nails,
    Stronger than any machine.
    I'm the immortal soldier,
    I'm a U.S. MARINE!



    So stand in my shoes,
    And leave from your home.
    Fight for the people who hate you,
    With the protests they've shown.



    Fight for the stranger,
    Fight for the young.
    So they all may have,
    The greatest freedom you've won.



    Fight for the sick,
    Fight for the poor
    Fight for the cripple,
    Who lives next door.



    But when your time comes,
    Do what I've done.
    For if you stand up for freedom,
    You'll stand when the fight's done.



    By: Corporal Aaron M. Gilbert, US Marine Corps
    USS SAIPAN, PERSIAN GULF

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a United States marine

    That was really good.
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member statechamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a United States marine

    very nice.....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A poem from a United States marine

    Hoorah
    free like OJ all day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •